Saturday, November 5, 2011

Is it just me...

or are the hackers getting lazier? I mean, really. I only occupy them for twenty minutes or so on the phone explaining that I have no computer literacy whatever and let them talk me through all the stuff they need me to do in order for them to mine useful stuff off my computer before going "But does this work on a Mac?" or "which IP address is the infected one; we have 17 computers in the house - what do you mean you don't know which IP address it is, how the hell are you monitoring it if you don't have an IP address?"; which I think is enough fun on both sides.
Now they're sending me emails inviting me to log on to obscure sites for support; because that's easier than having to figure out how to hack in when you have an obstinate, obtuse and obfuscating user on the phone. Please, it really does match up with the joke about the lazy Irish hacker who emails you asking you to delete all your own files and send them your credit card information because they can't be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment