Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two nice men

The first one is called Devi, and he works for technical support. Somewhere; he wasn't specific about it; what he was specific about was that Support had detected a malicious virus on my computer and he was ringing me to talk me through evacuating it.
Since my jaw had dropped I was unable to reply, so he clarified by adding, "Your Microsoft Office computer. We are monitoring it and detected this virus."
"Which one?" I asked.
"The Mi-cro-soft-Off-ice one." He had obviously concluded he was talking to an idiot.
"I see, " I said, "but which Mi-cro-soft-Off-ice one?"
"Do you have more than one? How many are there?"
"Tell you what, you tell me the IP address of the Mi-cro-soft-Off-ice com-pu-ter that has the virus and we'll work from there."
"We don't have that information."
"Then how the hell are you monitoring it?"
Click.
And then this morning there was an email from Eric - I used to go to school with Eric and he and I are Facebook friends - asking me to join Netlog because it would make picture-sharing easier, so I did. And not long after there was an email from Netlog with a message from the second nice man - one Denzel, who is clearly so head over heels in love with me that he has totally lost his grip on grammar.


The angel on my eyes is clearly wearing jackboots, since it has given me a headache. What I do find funny though is the fact that the profile he mentions - my Facebook one - has this photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment